Marketing Manager — International Events
- Salary: Competitive
- Location: Chester
- Job Type: Permanent
- Closing Date: 18 March 2016
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast growing team organising the leading events in its sector.
We create, manage and deliver technology exhibitions and conferences in the UK, Europe, China and the USA both alone and with partner organisations. We are looking for an event marketing specialist to promote our portfolio of international events to both visitors and exhibitors.
The role will involve developing messages for each event. You will be liaising with the marketing departments of our partners to ensure consistency of message and style, ensuring that the multiple programmes are coherent and distinct. You will also be working with the Content and Operations departments to develop and deploy compelling print, digital and live communications. Our portfolio is international and as such regular travel, both long-haul and short haul, should be anticipated.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies across a portfolio of international events
- Management of marketing campaigns utilising an integrated, multi-channel approach to promote attendance, drive and increase revenue and profit and enhance brand value.
- Make sure that brand identities are adhered to and that brand messages are consistent.
- Product management – from promotion planning and scheduling, to execution and analysis – recording and testing data and segments.
- Brief in-house and external designers and suppliers and negotiate rates.
- Organise quotes for printing and mailing. Liaise with chosen suppliers to organise design, print and mailing/shipping.
- Provide the sales team with marketing collateral including; digital and print copy, design, updates and materials plus data provision, metric analysis etc.
- Work with the production team to design and organise marketing collateral.
- Copy writing for web, print media, social media and email marketing.
- Ensure that each product meets set target and deadlines.
- Monitor results and provide monthly reports back to manager.
- Data management and, where necessary, preparation of databases for direct mailing, email marketing and telesales
- Social media: plan, review and update social media activity.
- Determine and suggest improvements to current databases, systems and processes.
- Ensure that the database is constantly updated and accurate.
- Attend key Industry Exhibitions and Trade Shows.
- Maintain excellent customer service.
- Consistently exceed client and company expectations.
- To clearly communicate progress back to all event stakeholders in a timely manner.
- To undertake any other duty commensurate with this post as determined by the company.
The Successful Candidate
Ambitious, Highly Motivated, Driven, Self Starter, Excellent Communication Skills.
- Experience in a B2B marketing role essential.
- Documented history of professional and academic over-achievement.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude and desire to measurably impact results.
- Excellent written and verbal communications/presentation/reporting skills.
- IT skills - Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Web Research, Database Packages.
- Team player with ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Impeccable organisation across multiple complex projects.
- Must be commercially aware.
- Demonstrable experience of working under pressure.
- Possess strong research and analytical skill.
- Education: Must be educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Languages: Either of German or Mandarin would be an advantage
If you like the sound of us, and think we’ll like the sound of you please email your CV and covering letter to James Woodcock,
Head of Content - James@rapidnews.com
Rapid News Communications Group.
Chester Business Park,