Events Operations Executive
- Salary: circa 20k per annum, DOE
- Location: Chester, CH4 9QE
- Job Type: Full time, 6-month contract, temp to perm for right candidate
- Start Date: Monday 10th July 2017
As an international publishing, exhibition, conference, awards and events organiser, Rapid News Communications Group is on a mission to bring together the professional markets and communities we serve and enrich those connections with industry-leading exhibitions, conferences, magazines and online resources.
We are looking for an Event Operations Executive to join the Events department based in Cheshire, England. You will work across the Event Group portfolio and on any new products brought into the department by acquisition or new launches. Primarily your function will be to support the Event Team to coordinate & deliver well organised, must attend, cost effective trade shows, conferences and awards events.
Although it would be advantageous for candidates to have a minimum of 2 years experience in an operations role within the exhibition environment, we will consider candidates who can prove they have strong intellectual capabilities and take real pride in their work.
You will be joining a brand with the utmost integrity – it will demand excellence and diligence at every stage of the operations process.
We pride ourselves on the quality and reputation of our products and expect you to understand the responsibility of this position and to be happy to work under minimal supervision at times.
This is not a role for a faint-hearted clock-watcher! Tenacious “go get things done” characters need only apply.
Support the Event Team with all Event projects with particular emphasis on:
- Providing daily information on new orders for exhibition space and keeping corresponding spreadsheets up to date
- Keeping information sheets (BOX/ASANA), revenue spread sheets and other processes up to date
- Updating and maintaining the online exhibitor manuals (Showoff)
- Updating and maintaining all Event Floor plans (Floorplan Live)
- Assisting in the processing & confirmation of exhibitor information and to monitor exhibitor response to ensure all necessary information is received
- Assisting in preparation and distribution of exhibitor promotions and collateral such as VIP tickets, access passes, welcome packs etc.
- Updating appointed contractors with exhibitor information
- Sourcing and making recommendations for suppliers to Event Operations Manager
- Support and coordinate any in-house conference and training sessions
- Managing adhoc projects
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Meticulous attention to detail (to the point of insanity)
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel (spread sheet proficiency is a must)
- Seeing projects through to the end
- Questioning when things do not look right
- Positive and adaptable approach to problem solving
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as part of a team
- Commercially aware and customer focused
- Flexible approach to working hour
What we can offer you:
- The chance to work in one of the most exciting industries around
- The opportunity to develop your skills within a small friendly team
- Travel in the UK for certain, Europe and further field (potentially)
- Experience of a fast-paced, growing communications company with a relaxed culture
- Some money
- Growth opportunities within an expanding portfolio
How to apply:
If you like the sound of us and think we’ll like the sound of you, please email your CV and cover letter to Emma Smith. Postal applications can be sent to:
FAO Emma Smith Event Operations Manager
Rapid News Communications Group,
Carlton House Sandpiper Way,
Chester Business Park,
First interviews will be held w/c Monday 05 June 2017. If you have not been contacted by this time then your application has been unsuccessful.